- Make a list of goals every single day. Even if you anticipate a slow day, it's still a good idea to set goals for yourself. The sooner you get into the habit of setting daily goals, the sooner you'll get into the habit of meeting them.
- Keep your daily goals list in one place. You can use a spiral notebook, a personal organiser on your computer. Keeping your goals in one place allows you to look over the lists from days and weeks gone by, which makes it easy for you to see how consistently you are meeting your goals.
- Be realistic about your daily goals. A goal like 'Make $2,000 before 5pm' is vague and unrealistic, but a goal like 'network with four clients' is totally attainable - and just might help you work toward that $2,000.
- Envision your daily goals as the 'building blocks' of your weekly and monthly goals. For example, if you want to send marketing material to 10 prospective clients by the end of the week, make it your goal to send material to two prospective clients per workday.
- Reward yourself for a job well done. If you accomplish three daily goals before lunch, take a nice walk or chat with friends. If you accomplish all of your goals by the end of the day, enjoy some ice cream or go to a movie. Even smallest incentive can be a big encouragement.
- Don't feel discouraged if you fail to compete every single thing on your daily goal list. The more experience you gain with setting goals, the better you will be at knowing exactly what you can and can't accomplish in a day.
Dec 29, 2009
Dec 23, 2009
- Be optimistic. You have a whole new year ahead of you. Think of all the great things that are still yet to come.
- Set realistic goals or resolutions. If you set resolutions that are realistic, you are more likely to stick to them Having goals can keep you looking ahead.
- Pursue these goals and stick with them. To have a happy new year, you need to stick to the goals all year round and actively pursue them.
- Spend more time with loved ones. As each year passes, we realise how fast time goes. Take time out for the important people in your life. Even if it is a phone call or meeting for coffee, make that time.
- Volunteer. Helping out others is so rewarding and many times can give a new perspective.
- Look forward to new beginnings. It is a new year and there will be many opportunities to look forward to. Whatever bad has happened, a new year gives the opportunity for fresh start.
- Be thankful. Look at the good things in your life and be thankful for all you have.
- Kee a positive attitude. The best way to have a happy new year is to keep positive attitude. SMILE. Try to look at the brighter side of things and avoid negative thoughts. Put things in perspective when you feel down.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE !!!
Resource: The Star
Dec 19, 2009
- Get the right weight. Remember, the right weight for you depends on your body (bones, height, etc). Decide if you should be on the low, middle or high end depending on your bone size.
- Exercise. Set goals. Walks at least 2,000 steps, go by bicycle or try outdoor activities. Even after you've reached your desired weight, keep up the good work to maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat fruit for breakfast. Try apple slices, peach, mango or bananas for starters. If you drink milk, this is really helps improve your weight, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Eat a healthy snack before lunch. Don't eat chocolate or things with a lot of fat. 100 calorie packs are OK, but it's better to eat fruits, carrot or celery sticks. Most nutritionists agree six smaller meals per day is better than three meals a day.
- Eat lunch around 12 noon. You can have a grilled cheese sandwich with whole grain bread or a salad with lowfat or olive oil dressing.
- Eat another snack before dinner. Just eat a little, don't stuff yourself. Again, eat healthy foods.
- Eat dinner around 6pm. It's OK to eat a little meat, like in slices. Try tomato, eggs, pepper and peas instead of filling up with too much meat.
- While water is great throughout the entire day. Make sure you get plenty of juices such as orange juice and cran-grape and apple juice, as these are great sources of vitamins and helps fight off illness.